Friday, September 11, 2009

Experiences at the Residual Reality Show

When I think of art, I think of paintings, sculptures, sketches, etc., but I never thought of photography being an art. When I walked into the Residual Reality show, I realized that photography is indeed a kind of art; as much as an art as painting or sculptures. As I looked at the paintings, I knew it would take a lot of brilliance and creativity to create pieces of work such as I saw in the show. I believe shows like these are very important for the public to see, because it expresses artists thoughts and ideas into a piece of art, and it causes the people of the public to think about each individual piece of work.
Sometimes it is very difficult to figure out what an artist is trying to convey in their art. I found this out at the show last night. People come up with their own ideas about what they think the theme is and they could all be right. Maybe the artist makes it difficult to understand the theme in their art to see what other people come up with. It was very interesting to look at the photos last night and try and figure out what the idea in them were. I think it was very worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment