Friday, September 11, 2009

media

I was amazed to see the many different kind of media used in the show. Not only were there unique to change photos but some of the artists went away from that all together. Gillian Brown's display was so innovative, I really felt like language was being invented in front of me. The visuals to go along with the sound was beautiful. Joseph Mougel's "In Character" was also quite interesting. All of those hanging screens were different and the sounds coming from them as well. It reminds me that there are many people in the world who do make up characters online and are quite attached to them. They also reminded me of the Sims. All different all making different sounds, some standing waiting for the creator to tell them what to do next. The show overall was amazing. I really enjoyed taking in all the the works and what I think of as groundbreaking techniques to get to the same goal of Residual Reality. The show was definitely worth seeing and I am quite happy I got to experience it.

No comments:

Post a Comment