Sunday, September 13, 2009

Min Kim's Work

I absolutely loved Min Kim's work. She used conventional photography, which I personally enjoy more than unvconventional. The whole story behind the superhero theme was amazing because she took ordinary women, not models, not women who are famous or anything, and photographed them. She believed that they were super hero's just by being themselves. This may be the feminist in me, the small bit that is there, but she inspired me.
Listening to her in the round table, I took note of one thing especially, that she puts herself in every piece of work she does. She makes it about herself and not just the subject. Some say creating art is selfless, but in reality, it should be selfish. You should put yourself in every piece that you do and make it about you and your vision and do not compromise. INSPIRING!!!!

--Jenna Wiedmeyer

No comments:

Post a Comment