Sunday, September 13, 2009

Residual Reality was a really good exhibit with a wide variety of work. Like many others have said already, I also prefer more conventional photography. I had a hard time understanding some of the meaning bbehind some of the photography. But it was interesting to see a different side of photography that I have not seen before. There were some very interesting pieces there.

I was impressed by Gillian Brown's work, "Beginning of Language." It was a very unique piece of art and really stuck with me as I viewed the rest of the exhibit. The picture of the doves moving through the vocal chords and a voice coming through, just really made this an interesting one to see. Looking at Brown's personal blog, it seemed that "Beginning of Language" is quite different than anything Brown has done before.

-Kailey Mezera

No comments:

Post a Comment