Sunday, September 13, 2009

residual reality experience

The exhibit was a great experience. I really enjoyed that there was such a variety of different types of work. After walking around I found myself interested in Ken Josephson's postcards. I am an art major with an emphasis in graphic design, so this type of collage really captured my interest. I loved how he took the same setting from two different generations and combined them into one. ANother work that caught my attention was Patrick Nagatani's work with masking tape. Looking at this art, I can just see how much time went into this idea.
As I list my two favorite pieces, the other amazing pieces are not forgotten. I cant say anything bad about the entire show because I thought everything was so interesting in its own way. Such as: Min Kim Park's "superhero" collection, the color against the black was eye grabbing and Joyce Neimanas's pieces really made my mind wonder, especially the photo that was backwards. I also want to mention something about Gillian Brown's pieces that was in the dark room. At first, looking at it I was unsure about what it was about and what it even was, but as I studied it more and more and got closer and listened more intently I really understood the piece. Overall, I had a great time at the artshow and saw some inspiring pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment