Friday, September 11, 2009

Residual Reality

The exhibit was wonderful! I have had very few experiences like that and am so happy I was able to go! I was particularly amazed with Ken Josephson's work! The different types of work displayed were wonderful and really gave me an idea of the variety that is out there. I really had no idea of much potential photography held. The work that went into the show must have been incredible. With the variety available it was great to be able to walk through and really observe all the work that went into each individuals piece of work. The opening was a great event!

I have to talk about Ken Josephsons work again because I felt like I could look at it forever and still not see everything. I love the idea of have pictures in a picture. The meaning each one holds for each observer would be very different. His works really show how reality isn't straight forward and often contains different views. I was truly amazed with his work!

I also very much enjoyed Ellen Brooks work. Following the show I learned that she also does sculptures. I have to admit I was first drawn to her work because of the style, but also because my mom loves trees and I knew she would want to hear about them. Her work contains so much detail I could continue to see new things everytime I look at them. This show was a great opportunity! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment